Thursday, August 5, 2010

Another few days down

So as the time goes by being on Medifast does get easier. Don't get me wrong there are times when my kids are eating something I would love to take a bite of but then I tell myself, I've come so far (okay almost 2 weeks) and I'm not going to give in now. I went to dinner with Jennifer last night and it was yummy. I had her help me pick out my entree and sides as well as help me at the salad bar. She used to do Medifast so who better to ask than her. I was glad to see that what she picked and the portions she told me to eat were very similar to what I was already doing so I feel better about that. I was worried that I was over doing it on my lean and green but I am not. Yay! Now I am trying to figure out exactly how much or how little I should be exercising. I read somewhere that you don't want to exercise too much for fear of putting your body in starvation mode. So how do I figure out how much to exercise? Hmm.. I do swim once or twice a week as long as it's warm enough outside. I don't do laps or anything like that, just swim around and play with the kids. Oh and jump off the diving board every once in a while :) So I'm hoping for more than a 3 pound loss when I weigh tomorrow but will take anything. I'm guessing I'm just going to lose slower than others. Losing is good but I wish and hope for big numbers. We'll see and only the scale will tell.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like your hard work is really going to pay off... and great will power! *Maria*-Blogger from "This one time at BAND Camp..." Check out my blog at mybigfatbandgeeklife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. As far as exercise...the guidelines are no longer than 45 minutes of strenuous activity. Having said that....it really is trial and error. i wasnt even doing 45 minutes but it was too much for me and I stopped losing. Others have no problem at all. Sooo....its trial and error. i would keep track of what you are exercising and see how the following week weigh in goes. And play with it from there. Add more, or take some away and see how it changes things. For now, I would stick to your classes that you love at the gym and see how it goes. You can (and are) doing this!!!

    Jennifer
    http://wecanlosethepounds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete