Friday, August 6, 2010

Weigh in day

So this morning is my weigh in. To be honest, I wasn't really looking forward to it. Last week I lost 3 pounds. Yes, it is a loss but I was hoping for more. But I was still happy that there was a loss so I really shouldn't complain. I waited for about 10 minutes after waking up. I stepped on the scale and saw a 3 pound loss. I got off and got back on again to see if my scale was playing tricks on me. Nope, it was definitely 3 pounds less than last week. So I put my contacts in and went and made my bed and then went back to the scale. Hopped on again and it said the same number. Wow! I have to admit once again that I was hoping for a higher number but I will take 3 pounds. After all, 3 pounds is 3 pounds! I have to say this and I'm hoping I don't sound strange so here it goes. The other day as I was walking through the mall with me girls I felt like I was lighter. I'm wondering if it's from losing water weight? I didn't feel like it was such an effort to walk. I was moving right along just fine. Now I never had problems walking before but I felt lighter. I guess I don't know how to explain it. Maybe it's also my brain telling me I am changing and I like the sound of that! I just worry that once I get to my goal that I will gain the weight back. Part of me is worried, the other part isn't. I don't have a problem maintaining my weight. So I am hoping, really hoping that when I am done with Medifast I can keep my weight where I want it and not get back to how I am now.

2 comments:

  1. Yay... Congrats on your loss!!! That's great!!
    I am really aware of not gaining any weight back and I think that I will always "check in" with the scale every week so that weight doesn't creep back on. I love that there is a transition plan... that tells you each week of transition what to eat... and same with maintenance. So it's nice to know there is a proven plan in place for you, at least that makes me feel better. :)

    ~Margene

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you and your loss! You should not be disappointed at all! Go to the store and pick up a bag of sugar and a pound of butter. THAT is how much you have lost off your body so far!
    As far as feeling different...I know just what you mean. And here is my opinion(again...just MY opinion). It is both a physical AND mental thing. You are physically 6 lbs lighter, but I think a big part of it is that MF is a medical plan and it provides you with all your vitamins and nutrients and it just makes your body work better...as long as you dont overdo it. Mentally you are definately "in mode" and I am so happy for you. You are excited and feeling lighter and it is these things that will make you successful and keep you motivated. Weeek 3 can be a tough one. Try to let go of the expectations of how much you should lose and be happy with any loss. I know it is much easier said than done. I was not patient in the beginning. But once I let go of what I thought I could/should lose per week the easier it was to stay on plan. A loss is a loss and it is the right direction(says the girls who gained 3 lbs this week)! I am just so happy for you. And you were successful eating out at a restaurant! Apparently I was not :(!!!! MAybe we can try again next week?

    JEnnifer
    http://wecanlosethepounds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete