Friday, July 23, 2010

Almost Done With Day 1

Okay so I just finished my lean and green meal. Let me tell you, trying to decide what to have was so hard. I nit picked because I wanted to make sure I stayed within the guidelines of the plan and didn't want to step out at all. I ended up having 98% Fat Free Turkey Breast. I cooked it on the stove with a little Pam. I left it plain as I was scared to put anything on it. I also had 1/2 cup steamed broccoli, 1/2 cup cucumber and a little salad (lettuce really) with dressing on the side (Jenn, I copied you, I dunked my fork then picked up the lettuce). I think I did okay. I'm still nervous about exactly how much and what to eat for my lean and green. Did I do it right? I think I did okay. I followed the book so I think I did okay. I have to figure out what else to eat for my lean and green, so I'll take any ideas from anyone that is doing Medifast or has done Medifast. Aside from dinner getting through the afternoon was a little struggle. Around 2:30 I found myself hungry. I'm not normally hungry but because I had eaten earlier, I was hungry. Before starting Medifast I found that if I ate breakfast I would be hungry throughout the day but if I skipped breakfast, I could go all day without eating. So I ended up having my afternoon snack a little early. I had a Peanut Butter Crunch Bar. That was quite tasty too. Thankfully I have enjoyed everything I have had so far today. Oh, I forgot to tell you, I had Chili for lunch. I liked that too but next time I think I'll put just a tad more water in it as it seemed a little "thick" for me. One last thing...drinking 64 oz of water is really hard. I don't really like water and to have to drink that much, I'll say was really hard. I had to force myself to do it, but I did! I peed every half hour (or less) and that was quite annoying but I'm sure over time I'll learn to like water and the frequency will go down. For my snack tonight I am going to have another milkshake. Probably Strawberry again because I really enjoyed it!

2 comments:

  1. I was reading this whole post with a smile on my face. I remember being all stressed about what to eat when I first started it. Oh...and I had the same scared feeling about adding anything. There is a lady named Lyn who is doing MF and she has some really really awesome recipes on her blog. Here is her address: http://escapefromobesity.blogspot.com/
    she has been doing MF since around the same time I started and still doing it. She is doing very well with it. MArgene is doing MF too. Take a look at her blog. She is the sweetest lady and I always love to hear what she has to say for the day :)
    As far as being hungry...that is a good thing. That tells me you are right on track and that you are changing things up in your body. In my opinion that is just what you needed. I bet this works perfect for you. I cant wait for you to weigh in next Friday. NO CHEATING!!!!! Its your turn now to text me at the butt crack of dawn with results...hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would check out what Jennifer said. Lyn's squash mac and cheese is really yummy. The water problem will get much easier. I now drink about 80 fl. oz. of water a day, and sometimes I drink even more! When I am thirsty I would much rather have a glass of ice cold water than a pop. This gets easier. I promise :D

    ReplyDelete