Saturday, July 24, 2010

Day 2 (Super Hard Day)

So this morning I woke up and decided to try the oatmeal for breakfast. It was Apple Cinnamon. It was pretty good. For snack I had the Cinnamon Pretzels. OMG-those are great. I was a little disappointed when I realized they were gone. I finished half of my required water by lunch today. Then for lunch I had a Vanilla Shake. I chose something that I knew would fill me up because I had a bridal shower to go to at 2pm. When I walked in there was food everywhere. All kinds of food. Now normally I would go over to the table and pick at this and pick at that (usually the fruit or crackers) but I didn't. Instead, I grabbed a water and headed to the table that was the farthest from the food. When it was time to eat everyone was coming back to the table with meatballs, sandwiches, fruit, ziti, mac-n-cheese...you get the picture and there I was sitting there with nothing. So I pulled out a bar and tried to sneak it. A few asked why I wasn't eating so I told them that my hubby and I were going out to dinner later and I didn't want to spoil my appetite. Well I saw they had salad so I went over to check it out. They also had a fat free, light dressing. So...I had a small salad. I didn't put dressing on it, I left it on the side and fork dunked. But that was all I had. I was even okay when it was time for cake (only because I don't normally eat cake). When I got home it was close to dinner. I had chicken breast cooked on the grill, cucumbers and a few olives. No salad since I had that at the shower. I was proud of myself for not giving in to all the munchies they had there. Funny thing is when I am home I don't munch but if I go to a party like that, I will pick. But it's never to the point where I stuff myself. I didn't want the ladies that I was sitting with to know about the plan I am on. I guess I am not comfortable telling them about it (they are all thin). I'd rather have them see me now and then I probably won't see them again until the wedding which isn't until the end of October. So by then they can see the new me and wonder how I did it. For my snack tonight I am going to try the frosty thing that Jenn told me about. Kind of excited about that :)

3 comments:

  1. Good job Karen!! You survived your second day and avoided some great temptations. It will get easier and easier. I love to pop my "knox blox" sugar free jello square (recipe is on the side bar of my blog) it really helps me when I'm around sweets. They are firmer jello and I cut them into little square and I eat them slowly and savor them... even my kids just love em. That and different flavors of sugar free gum.. really help me not give in to temptations around me. (And drinking LOTS of water!) You're doing great and before you know it, you'll have the new you to show off!! :)

    ~Margene

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to when it gets easier but like Jennifer said, it's not a permanant thing, this is only temporary. Then I can go back to enjoying the food I like but in moderation. The water is still hard for me but I have had my required amounts both days!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of you Karen! It will get easier. The first few days are tough. Even the first few weeks are tougher because you are still trying to figure things out. There will be days when there are lots of temptations but hopefully by then you will see results and can use that as your motivation to get through them! You are doing so well and I am so glad you are liking the food. The stuff I gave you was pretty much my favorites. Like I said,get some bars for your order. They are great for when you are out and about. Remember, i am here for you! YOU CAN DO THIS!!! Call anytime. I will be back later tonight. Maybe dinner this week? I can help you with that too :)

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete