Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Day Before

Okay, this blogging thing is kind of new to me. I mean I have blogged in the past but it's been about my family so it's been easy. Well this blog is going to be about me. It's going to be hard at first, I'm sure. But since my life right now is about to change, why not start something new?

Here's a little background. I have never had a weight problem until after my 3 year old was born. Even until I got pregnant I was always thin. I am 5 feet tall and the most I weighed before getting pregnant was 105 pounds. Oh what I would do to weigh 105 pounds again. Well I need to be realistic as that will never happen again. Anyway, having all this extra weight is so different. I'm not used to it. Like many people I had a wake up call. It was a recent trip to an amusement park with my husband and 2 daughters. He took a picture of my daughters and I and let me tell you, it was a slap in the face. I looked at myself and was not happy with what I saw. My daughters were in front of me for the picture as I tried to hide myself as best I could. Well it didn't really work. You could still see me behind them. I wanted to cry. How could I possibly be the fat mom? I am not a big eater or snacker for that matter so to this day I still don't know why the weight didn't come off after having my daughter. It is all the weight from the pregnancy and probably 10 extra pounds. So with that being said I am determined to get this weight off and keep it off. It does make me a little nervous about losing the weight to only gain it back but I am going to try my hardest to not have that happen. I am good at maintaining my weight so I think once I get to where I want to be, I will be okay. But let's not get too far ahead as I still have to get to that point. I wasn't going to blog but it was suggested to me so I'll give it a whirl. I hope to keep up with it.

1 comment: