Friday, July 23, 2010

Day 1

Creative title huh? LOL. So I am starting Medifast today. I weighed myself shortly after I got up this morning. Okay here it goes...181. I am 5 feet tall exactly. So 181 on my frame is not so pretty. I can't believe I wrote that and made it able for others to see. I guess it's because I am so ready to see that number go down that maybe seeing it in writing and having others know, it'll push me even more. So thanks to my great friend, Jennifer, I have some Medifast foods to try before ordering them online. So this morning I'm standing in the kitchen trying to think of what to have. There were so many choices. So me being a milkshake lover, I chose a Strawberry Milkshake. I whipped it up in Jennifer's Magic Bullet that she was ever so kind to let me borrow (Thank you) put a straw in and sipped. Now I've heard from some that Medifast food tastes gross and others say it tastes good. So I tried not to have an opinion either way as I kept sipping and sipping and..Oh my gosh, it's gone. I really liked it. Then 2 1/2 hours later I decided to have the Chili Nacho Cheese Puffs. I had to make an effort to remember to eat because I don't normally eat much during the day. So when I opened the bag I was shocked to see so many puffs. I liked those too. They taste like something I've had before but can't quite figure it out. Anyway, 2 meals down and so far I like them both. That's a good thing, right?

3 comments:

  1. Yaaay! I am so glad you like your puffs! Being on Medifast made me eat more regularly throughout the day. That has helped me so much! I am so glad you are excited about this. That is half the battle. Iknow you have been trying lots of things with no result so I am sure you are frustrated. I hope this is your answer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Karen!!

    You are just starting your wonderful journey. I am SO excited for you!! I was totally in your same shoes back in Feb. and just trying the Medifast products. And all these months later, I STILL enjoy them and look forward to my meals!

    My favorites are: Chocolate Mint bars (any bars really), Cinnamon pretzels, Muffins (made from oatmeal - see recipe on my blog sidebar), soups, and puddings... well... I enjoy the shakes & brownies too. I love making the hot cocoa into peanut butter balls!

    Both my hubby and I noticed a difference in our energy level in just that first week. It has been awesome!!
    I am excited to follow your blog and know that I am here to bounce any ideas off of. You will be down to your desire weight in no time!! :)

    Sincerely,
    Margene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen,

    I'm not a Medifast user but I am on my own weight loss journey, counting calories and exercising again. I lost 90 lbs seven years ago and have put 30 lbs. back on again. I'm 2 years away from turning 50 and want to be healthy and avoid diabetes (family history). I look forward to encouraging you on your journey.

    Remember...ONE day at a time, ONE meal at a time, make good choices, treat yourself in moderation, and keep your body moving! Enjoy each day NOW and don't put off enjoying life or your family until you're "thin." Live in the moment and do the best you can. Took me a long time to learn that lesson.

    ReplyDelete