Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Days 5 and 6

Wow-I've been busy. So busy I forgot to write yesterday. Well first and foremost I have to thank my hubby. I was borrowing my friend Jennifer's Magic Bullet (minds out of the gutters, please-haha) to make my shakes. Well I must have talked about liking the thing a lot that my hubby got me one of my own. Woo Hoo! My very own Magic Bullet. I can't wait to use it! Well these last two days are easier but I'm not expecting a whole lot of "goodness" with my weigh in on Friday. In fact, I'm not really looking forward to it. I think losing this weight is going to be a bit more challenging than I thought. See, here's what I think. As I mentioned before, the extra weight I have is strictly from not losing it after my daughter was born. Yes she is 3 years old, why did I wait so long so it's 10 times harder to lose, I have no clue. Anyway, I also said somewhere that I am not much of an eater. I don't snack much and in fact I don't eat much at all. So you would think that I would be as skinny as a pole. Well I think since I don't eat much at all that when I do it my body hoards it. I must be putting myself into starvation mode which didn't occur to me until a few months ago while Jennifer and I were talking about it. So that also means my metabolism must be sleeping. So I'm thinking that when I weigh in on Friday I think my loss is going to be low. I think eating the 5 meals and then the lean and green my body isn't used to that and I think I'm eating more calories than I used to. Hard to believe I know, but I'm telling you, I rarely ate during the day. Most of my eating would be dinner and then my all time favorite snack at night...apples and peanut butter or celery and peanut butter. So I'm going to keep on truckin' and hope this week proves me wrong and if not that next weeks weigh in will prove me wrong. I'm not giving up yet.

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE your last sentence... "I'm not giving up yet." Maybe even take off that "yet". You know, I have fat from my last baby from 10 years ago... and the weight is coming off. It will come off for you too. I would try to not overthink it. Just stick to your plan, enjoy eating every 2.5 - 3 hours and let your body do the rest. :)

    Congrats on your magic bullet!! I have one too and we love it. I'm hoping to get my shipment in soon and try the soft serve.

    Have a fabulous day Karen!! :)

    ~Margene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I have been thinking about this since we talked yesterday. And here is what I came up with. If it is your metabolism then probably this is the best way for you to get it going again. You are eating the right amount of vitamins, protein, and especially the fact that you are eating every 2-3 hours. Soooo...even if your scale proves to be very mean on Friday maybe it would be worth staying on the plan a bit in order to get things back in order and at the proper metabolism. Thoughts???

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am definitely going to stay on and give it at least another week or two. But by then it'll be 3 weeks and if it's not going how I want, I might consider going off and trying something else. That and making an appt with the doctor to find out what's going on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weigh day tomorrow. I will be waiting for my text at the crack of dawn :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't give up! You can do this! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete